Mara visits Wellington’s wind turbine on Easter morning.
With grandad out on a boat.
My Apple Watch had a busy day.
Here are two things I’m proud of when it comes to the Trade Me iOS app:1. Ongoing efforts to add more support for te reo Māori2. Seeing all the hard work the team do be acknowledged by the AppStore editors.
This talk by Jeremy Keith at Webstock ‘18 is so relevant to @manton’s micro.blog
In the name of convenience we sacrifice control. The indie web is what can bring back balance.
Maybe I should write a counterpart article to this to list the things I’m surprised we have given the list of things we don’t have.
I live in Wellington, New Zealand and I own a truckload of Apple products. This is my wishlist of things I wish Apple would start doing.
iPhone & iPad
- Visual Voicemail. I get that it may be up to the telcos, but I’d love to know that lots of pressure is being put on them to add support for this feature.
- TV app
- #images support for iMessage when the preferred language is Te Reo.
- LTE. Again, I realise it’s probably our telcos being slow to update their tech stack, but I wonder if they get the same lead time as their Australian counterparts.
- TV app. Once you use it, it’s hard to go back to another interaction paradigm.
- Siri support. Guess what, Siri understands us even when we use an Australian Apple Id and a cheap VPN. How come we have Siri on iOS, and watchOS, but not on tvOS? Even Siri on macOS works…
- Surely they know we use the same plug and voltage?!
- Apple News. I am a registered Apple News Publisher, I can see Apple News in the Today View, so why can’t we have the News app?!
- Public Transit support in Maps (thanks for Flyover, though).
- Ability to purchase TV Shows.
- … an Apple Store. Sending Macs and iOS devices to Sydney for repairs is super painful and not very well aligned with the Apple Green strategy. Authorised repair agents often can’t help (e.g Apple Watch is a no go).
What have I missed? What’s on your list? Head off to twitter to tell me how naïve I am.
No, I did not get a test build of Snapchat. It’s just iOS 11 being a bit silly.